Judges from across the globe met in Syracuse and Muncie. They poured over more than 10,000 print and digital entries. Now as the winners are assembled in SND’s Annual The Best of News Design™ book, here’s one last chance to get your work in there.
On the cover.
Submit your cover design by March 22. We’ll post all the entrants here and give you a chance to vote on your favorite. The winning design will be the cover of the 34th edition of The Best of News Design™ book, showcasing winners from the year 2012.
This is SND’s seventh annual cover competition. “We began the cover competition as a way to get more design concepts for the annual book cover and it’s been so successful we’ve continued this way to generate excellent covers,” said competition director Marshall Matlock.
- Deadline for submissions: Friday, March 22
- File size and specs: 9-inches wide x 12-inches tall. .25-inch bleed. 350 dpi. JPG, TIFF, or PDF file. Full color.
- Design must include: The book’s name, “The Best of News Design™,” the edition number 34 and the SND logo. The concept should represent the book’s content: The best newspaper, magazine and Web news design from around the world. Download SND’s logo here.
- Selection process: Entries will be posted on snd.org so that members can vote on the design they think is best. The competition committee will reserve the right to break ties.
- How to submit: Entries should be e-mailed to SND Executive Director Stephen Komives here or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, publication or other affiliation, job title, full business address, phone number and preferred e-mail address. All submissions will be acknowledged.
- The legalese: All entries become the property of the Society for News Design. At the discretion of the Competition Committee, SND reserves the right to not award a winning cover. Past cover entries are ineligible.
- Questions: Please send questions and cover entries here.
- Searchable database of the winners.
- Links to coverage of the 34th Best of News Design™ competition.
- Slideshow of the World’s Best Designed™ Newspapers
- For a little extra inspiration, take a peek at a slideshow of the eight finalists in last year’s cover competition:
<div style=”margin-bottom:5px”> <strong> <a href=”http://www.slideshare.net/SNDupdate/snd-33-cover-competition-finalists” title=”SND 33 cover competition finalists” target=”_blank”>SND 33 cover competition finalists</a> </strong> from <strong><a href=”http://www.slideshare.net/SNDupdate” target=”_blank”>SND Update</a></strong> </div>