Middle East News Design Competition
This award aims to promote creative excellence and innovation in the fields of newspaper and magazine design in the Middle Eastern region.
1. BEST FRONT PAGE / COVER DESIGN
1.A. Newspaper front page in Arabic or other languages
1.B. Newspaper front page in English
1.C. Magazine cover design in Arabic or other languages
1.D. Magazine cover design in English
2. BEST NEWS PAGE
2.A. News page in Arabic or other languages
2.B. News page in English
3. FEATURE PAGE DESIGN
3.A. Newspaper feature page in Arabic or other languages
3.B. Newspaper feature page in English
3.C. Magazine feature page in Arabic or other languages
3.D. Magazine feature page in English
4. SPORTS PAGE DESIGN
4.A. Sports page in Arabic or other languages
4.B. Sports page in English
5.A. Infographic published in Arabic or other languages
5.B. Infographic published in English
6.A. Illustration published in Arabic or other languages
6.B. Illustration published in English
7.A. English News photography published in Arabic or other languages
7.B. News photography published in English
7.C. Feature photography published in Arabic or other languages
7.D. Feature photography published in English
8. EDITORIAL CARTOON
8.A. Editorial published in Arabic or other languages
8.B. Editorial published in English
9. SPECIAL COVERAGE
9.A. Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia
9.B. 2014 Brazil FIFA World Cup
9.C. Afghanistan presidential elections
9.D. War I Centenary
9.E. 17th Incheon Asian Games 2014
10. ONLINE/ INTERACTIVE
10.A. Website design/redesign
10.B. Online special coverage
10.C. Informational and Interactive graphics
10.D. Magazines and Newspapers for Tablet and Mobile platform
1. All publications from countries coming from the Middle East (Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen) and Greater Middle East (Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan).
2. Entry can be from a daily, weekly, monthly, bimonthly or quarterly circulation. Newspapers can submit tabloid or broadsheet formats. Magazines can be in any format.
3. The entry must have been published from this period — August of 2013 to August of 2014.
4. This competition has no entry fee.
5. Winning works will receive certificates and will be published in a book “The Best of Middle East News Design”.
Winning entries will receive Awards of Excellence, Silver or Gold medals for outstanding work. An additional Judges’ Special Recognition award may be given to any winner (or for a body of work) when the judges believe an entry is truly exceptional.
1. The entry should be submitted in pdf format only. If the entry is a double-truck or contains many pages, they should be contained in a single file.
2. Each file size should not exceed 7mb. If the file size exceeds this requirement, the judges will not be able to open the file and the entry/s will automatically be disqualified.
3. Each entry must be submitted in a single email with the subject stating the category number and submission number (example, Category 7.D – Entry no. 2)
4. Each entry must be accompanied by a duly signed entry form. Download the form here: https://snd20.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/registration_form.pdf
5. Email your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Deadline of entries: EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 25 2014
THE BEST OF MIDDLE EAST NEWS DESIGN -First edition
FREE DOWNLLOAD IPAD OR DESKTOP